Saturday, August 2, 2008

Trip Harting ponders friends before premiere of his biography


It's hard to believe that in just five days the premiere that all of us have been waiting for will become a reality. I really didn't start becoming excited about this event until yesterday, when I finally had a moment of clarity.



For so long, I've been accepting the fact that this is my story that is being told. But yesterday, I realized that it is so much more than that. It is the story of my dearest friend Lois, and what love and friendship is all about and what she went through during this entire ordeal.







It is the story of Elita whose dedication to her career and her amazing belief and trust in me that she went to extraordinary lengths to show the court that I would be of greater benefit to the community by not sending me to prison.









And, it is the story of Stu, my good friend and director, who saw something of value in this part of my life that he was willing to dedicate over two years of his own life in bringing it to the screen.

It's no wonder that everyone is excited about the upcoming Premier. It's not often that our lives and actions are brought to a reality that can be shared and impact others to do the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Trip!!!! - what an absolutely amazing chronicle. Your life has the making legends and definitely worthy of a feature film in our opinion. We have a lot of respect for you in airing your story publicly.

Your style of judging has impacted both of us as riders and judges - so encouraging to the rider and showing respect to each ride by thanking the competitor, a model we try to copy in our own judging.

We missed you in Travers City by mere days - we were on Mackinaw Island,tuning up one of the riders
for that very show.

All of our thoughts and TOTAL support are with you.

Your Friends From Vancouver, Canada - Larry & Holly Brinker

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.