Saturday, October 20, 2007

Washington, DC

Trip, I'm finally turning back on the computer after a couple of days of down time. Joe and I both agree, that was one of the tougher shoots of both our careers. I can't imagine what it was like for you. I know that you held it together remarkably but if you're like me, there is probably some post traumatic stress or depression. The new babies will surely help, I hope. Stu

It wasn't easy, but I'm glad I did it. I realized afterwards that I haven't progressed as far as I thought I had in putting that part of life behind me. I hate the feelings and thoughts that appeared during the shoots. I thought I had grown past all that. Apparently, I haven't. The good thing was that I stepped away from things at the prison that night, so that's progress. It was, if nothing else, an extraordinarily humbling experience, and left me with far more gratitude of what came from that than even I thought I had...and that's a lot!!!

No comments: